Monday, October 16, 2006

Job of a lifetime

Well its been really busy around these parts of town. I have been swamped with class, papers, and my wonderful job that I'm so thankful for. I am an Intern of Student Ministries at Calvary Bible Church, Boulder and Erie campuses. It has been an amazing experience thus far. I am learning a ton of new things right now. Whether it's planning a dodgeball tournament, hanging with students, or teaching on a Sunday morning or Tuesday night. The people I work with are so uplifting, easy going, and happy all the time. It is exciting and fun everyday I get to go in and be apart of the team. Right now, my partner in crime (Stephen Milburn) and I are planning a corn maze for next Saturday. We have had fun making a video for it and putting a bit of a twist into the actual corn maze activity. But before we get to Saturday, we have to get the program together for this weeks TNT (high school youth group, short for Tuesday Night Thing.... its real creative isn't it). Right now we are in a Dodgeball series and we are starting the first week of playoffs tommorow night. We are giving away $800 to the winning team of 8 players. Intense huh? Its a ton of fun. I ususally get to ref and call out crazy vulgar mouthed high schoolers for getting hit by the blury yellow ball. Its GREAT watching them get so pissed off just because i "saw" them get hit by the rhino ball. They slam the ball they have in their hand down to the gym floor, and more than likely they will also slam down "Oh F-Bomb!!" It is truly a God given moment. Then I tell them they are going to Hell for that. After I tell them they are going to Hell, I envite them to come listen to me teach on how they can be saved from going to Hell on the following Sunday morning. So I guess some of them won't be going to Hell. Anyway.... This Sunday I am teaching for the first time at Crave (the high school Sunday School) I dont know what I'm gonna teach about yet other than the fact our Series is The Apprentice. So please pray that i don't blow it, and suck it up (half joking laughter)!

3 comments:

Rachel L. said...

Trav you are so funny. "YOU ARE GOING TO HELL!" hahahahaha. Excellent work I must say. Bravo bravo! I wish I could ref too! :(

Bryce Perica said...

I see, Blogger Beta, has you in its grasp now.

"Brennan" said...

i agree with rach...see you in hell